Gazebos create additional space for everything from relaxation to entertaining. They also add an element of curb appeal to any property. However, not all gazebos are created equal. If you’re in the market for a new one, you may be wondering what you should be looking for.
20′ Vinyl Victorian Pagoda Gazebo at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth, CT
As gazebo and outdoor furniture experts, we can tell you that there are features that are nice to have, and then there are options that make a gazebo truly great. Below, we’re taking a closer look at some must-have features found in all outstanding gazebos:
Top Characteristics of a Great Gazebo
Before we get into the specifics, we’ll address one core characteristic of the best gazebos: durability. Because they’re outdoor structures, gazebos should be designed and manufactured to withstand burning hot sun, pouring rain, powerful winds, and other weather-related and environmental challenges. In addition to maximal durability, minimal care and maintenance is a top priority. After all, the more time and effort you have to put into maintaining your gazebo, the less time you’ll have to enjoy it.
16′ Vinyl Victorian Pagoda Gazebo with Screens
At Kloter Farms, our vinyl gazebos are as maintenance-free as today’s technology can make them. From the roof to floor, we use composite materials and advanced technologies inside and out that offer all of the advantages of gazebo ownership with as little annual maintenance as possible.
This means more time to enjoy your structure and less time, money, and energy spent on maintenance.
12×24 Vinyl Pavilion Gazebo
- Vented Vinyl Cupola – The cupola is the “snorkel” of any outdoor building. This feature enhances airflow, thereby allowing the building and its occupants to breathe more freely. Because one of the primary purposes of a gazebo is creating a gathering space, it’s vital to ensure that it’s as inviting and comfortable as possible. Our cupolas are also roofed with materials to match the gazebo for an aesthetically pleasing end result. As with all high-quality furniture, an exceptional gazebo will offer a consummate combination of form and function.
- Higher Roof Lines – Our gazebos stand tall thanks to having up to 30 percent more volume than other structures. In addition to allowing for matching top rails, which present a pleasing, uniform appearance, the extra height also offers an enhanced standing view over the door.
- No Maintenance Corner Braces – Manufactured from solid polymer, our intricate decorative braces maintain their color and never need painting. This means they’re not just attractive to look at, but they’ll also stay that way with no additional effort or expense.
Add a ceiling fan for those hot summer nights
Spend a relaxing afternoon in your gazebo
- Vented Soffits – We’ve already addressed the value of ventilation, as well as the benefits of height in gazebos. Combined with our height-enhancing posts, vented soffits around the perimeter of each of our gazebos adds up to 30 percent more airflow throughout the structure.
- Cornice Boards – The ‘“crown moulding” of all gazebos is inherently beautiful. However, when the structure is constructed with solid, treated 2-foot by 6-foot boards and encased in a vinyl sleeve, it becomes a whole lot more attractive thanks to the low-maintenance end result.
- Structural Posts – Combining the strength of solid wood and the maintenance-free advantages of a thick vinyl sleeve, a vinyl gazebo from Kloter Farms is a true “best of both worlds” solution. Our vinyl-clad posts are made of revolutionary laminated 4-foot by 4-foot posts for optimal strength and support.
Cutaway View Solid pressure treated wood core encased in a vinyl sleeve.
- Roof Material Choices – Roofing materials vary in terms of appearance and performance. Our vinyl gazebos feature asphalt shingles installed over pressure treated tongue-and-groove underlayment and 2-foot by 6-foot rafters. Multiple colors are available for you to choose from to make sure your gazebo looks exactly the way you want it to. Additionally, some models feature cedar shakes.
- Railings – We’re all about options here at Kloter Farms, and our vinyl gazebos acknowledge our commitment to making sure our valued customers get exactly what they want and need for their exterior home furniture and outdoor structures. Not only do you get your choice of balusters or railings for your new gazebo, but both top and bottom railings are secured with stainless steel hardware for extra strength and security.
- Screens and Windows – Looking for protection from the sun, bugs, and other nuisances? Look no further than a customized screened-in gazebo for next-level tranquility in your private backyard haven. This also creates the perfect setting for hosting gatherings with friends, relaxing with a book, or dining al fresco.
- Composite Flooring – Composite decking material is a huge plus for any vinyl gazebo. Our parqueted flooring is characterized by an attractive and convenient non-slip wood grain texture. Each floorboard is directly mounted to a double pressure-treated 2-foot by 6-foot joist for maximum strength (and no toenailing). We even offer floors that can support the weight of a hot tub! This allows you to enjoy your structure in a whole new way. When you choose a Kloter Farms vinyl gazebo, you can do so with the peace of mind that comes with knowing the composite floor is structurally designed to accommodate your intended use.
- Handrail Choices – Another opportunity for customization means another chance to bring to life the gazebo of your dreams. At Kloter Farms, we offer four styles of vinyl spindles to complement our solid-treated wood, vinyl-sleeved rails. Plus, our vinyl spindles are countersunk into a wooden core for yet another level of stability!
12×16 Cameo Gazebo with Screens
With so many custom gazebo designs and options available and low-maintenance features, what’s not to love about the extraordinary vinyl gazebos for sale from Kloter Farms? No matter what type of structure you choose, you’re sure to enjoy its many benefits for years to come.
We invite you to visit our outdoor showroom to view our gazebo plans in person. That way, you can see for yourself how Kloter Farms can make a difference in your backyard! Or, if you’re just looking for gazebo ideas or advice on where to put one on your property to make the most use of it, we can help there, too. Click here for directions and hours.
20′ Victorian Gazebo
12′ Belvedere Gazebo
Check out this article to see some of the great vinyl gazebos, wood gazebos, pergolas, pavilions, sunrooms, and other buildings on display at our location. The perfect backyard is waiting – discover it at Kloter Farms!
10′ Imperial Gazebo with Screens